ULVAC (V nanoTOF)
The entire system of TRIFT V NANOTOF includes two subsystems: electronic control system and vacuum system.
Electronic control system includes: computer system, control software, and all the main electronic units in the electronic control cabinet and vacuum control system;
The vacuum system includes: all optics and vacuum related components including ion gun, sample manipulation system, mass spectrometer, vacuum chamber and various pumps.
Spectral detection, chemical composition imaging and deep profiling test can be applied to analyze solid materials such as organic, inorganic, nano materials (especially semiconductors, battery materials), microelectronics, biomedicine, geology/archaeology, metallurgy, environment, artificial intelligence, etc. At the nanometer scale, chemical imaging analysis of solid materials, biological tissues or cells; analysis of trace impurities in semiconductor materials (ppm to ppb); distribution and imaging of three-dimensional spatial scale chemical composition of thin film samples.
- Sampling chamber and ultra-high vacuum analysis chamber;
- TRIFT quality analyzer
- Five-axis sample stage;
- Liquid metal ion source (LMIG) is used for high-quality resolution and high spatial resolution analysis;
- Double micro-channel plate/phosphor screen secondary ion detector;
- Low energy pulse electron gun is used for charge neutralization;
- Low energy pulse ion gun is used for charge neutralization;
- PC control system, printer, computer desk and chair based on Windows operating system;
- SmartSoft-TOF software is used for device control, data collection, display, analysis and analysis
Requirement on Sample
Solid samples, including film, sheet and block: length * width approximately 8mm * 8mm~10mm*10m, thickness less than 5mm; powder samples are best sent after tableting. The types of samples that cannot be tested: radioactive samples, samples that release a large amount of gas in vacuum, especially the gases that are corrosive to stainless steel, such as HCl+H2O, chemically and biologically toxic samples.
Precautions when sending samples:
- The surface of the sample to be tested must not be contaminated (such as touching by hand, touching contaminants, etc.);
- Samples that are easy to deliquesce and easily react with air should be noted during the sample delivery process Isolate the air (such as put in a desiccator or Ar atmosphere, etc.), or contact us in advance to discuss the solution;
- It is best to use a small glass test tube with a lid, a small volume bottle and other containers for loading samples; it is best not to directly use plastic containers, plastic bags, silicon-containing tape or adhesive surfaces and paper bags to avoid silicone resin or fiber contamination of the sample surface;
- If it is a volatile polymer sample or has a volatile film, be sure to first in the vacuum heating furnace Remove volatile molecules; if the sample cannot be drawn to below 5 x 10-7 torr overnight after being placed in the vacuum chamber, the test will be cancelled;
What are the technical advantages of TOF-SIMS?
- Excellent detection sensitivity for dopants and impurities. Can detect concentrations of ppm or lower
- Depth analysis has good detection limits and depth resolution
- Small area analysis (10 µm or larger)
- Detection of elements and isotopes including H
- Excellent dynamics Range (6 orders of magnitude)
- It may be used for stoichiometry/composition in some applications
The main application of TOF-SIMS?
- Depth analysis of dopants and impurities
- Film composition and impurity determination (metal, dielectric, silicon germanium, III-V group, II-V group)
- Ultra-thin film, ultra-high depth of shallow implantation resolution analysis
- Overall analysis of silicon materials, including B, C, O, and N
- High-precision analysis of process tools (ion implantation) 
What is the detection depth
5 microns, if the sample thickness is too large, it can be analyzed from two sides.